Nursing Admission Criteria 2021 – Being a gateway to the staggering career as a nurse, a Bachelor Of Science in Nursing is the very first step. In the health sector as well the Nursing is a very popular profession. But the candidates need to pursue the undergraduate degree course that is B.Sc Nursing before embarking upon the career’s journey. Nursing admissions are based on various criteria. till the end of the blog, you will get knowledge about the nursing Admission Criteria 2021.
There is a lot of scope for the career of nursing in India in public, private, and home healthcare fields. Unlike in the past, the roles of nurses are evolving and changing. To find the evidence to support the new nursing interventions, Nurses are even undertaking research. Also to work efficiently in the interdisciplinary teams Nurses can even Contribute towards the system strengthening. The candidates having a strong urge to pursue nursing as a career must be aware of the Nursing Admission Criteria well.
Nursing Admissions 2021
On the basis of various entrance examinations, admission for B.Sc Nursing is takes place. All the top medical institutions all over the country hold these entrance exams. Both offline and online modes are available for the candidate to apply for the exam. After application, the candidate on the basis of their performance in the qualifying exam get the institutions. The procedure of admission for B.Sc Nursing varies from one Indian medical college to another.
Candidates will also have to qualify for the state-level or national-level exams for some colleges. Entrance examinations are also conducted by some colleges on their own. Hence the nursing candidate must be crystal clear about the eligibility criteria.
Nursing Admissions Through Entrance Exams 2021
The examination level of nursing can be classified into B.Sc. Nursing admission 2021 through national/ state-level entrance exams and the Nursing admission 2021 through institute-level entrance exams.
National/State – Level Entrance Exams
- Candidates first have to begin with an online or offline application for admission through state or national-level exams
- Candidates are informed by conducting authorities after applying for the exams, to give them further instructions.
- Then candidates appear In the examinations after receiving their admit cards.
- After the declaration of the result, the scores of the candidates are displayed on the official website by the conducting authority.
- This is followed by the cut-off list release.
- The counseling process for B.Sc. nursing is conducted on the basis of a merit list.
- As per the scores of the candidates, the institutes’ allocation takes place.
- After the allocation to further the admission process, the candidates must be present at the institutes.
- AIIMS B.Sc. Nursing, JENPUS UG entrance exam, UP B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam, etc. are some of the National/State – Level Entrance Exams for Nursing.
Institute Level Entrance Exams
The process for institute level entrance exams are:
- Candidates first have to apply for the particular institute for the institute-level entrance exams.
- Then the candidates get the admit cards and information about the entrance exams.
- The institutes then declare the result after conducting the examination.
- Then those candidates who make it to the cut-off are eligible for admission.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2021
To check the eligibility for the B.Sc Nursing Admission the candidates can use these pointers. Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2021 are :
- 17 years is the minimum age requirement for B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2021.
- The maximum age limit is 35 years.
- Candidates must have physics, biology, English, and chemistry as the compulsory subjects in intermediate education.
- For different institutions, the minimum percentage requirement varies.
- For qualifying for the entrance exams the candidates must also meet the cutoff requirements
Nursing Specialization Courses in India
There are a lot of nursing specialization courses in India which you can pursue. Some of the nursing specializations are Cardio-Thoracic Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Emergency, and Disaster Nursing, Neonatal Nursing, Neuro Nursing, Nursing Education and Administration, Oncology Nursing, Operation Room Nursing, Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Nursing, Practitioner in Midwifery and Psychiatric Nursing.
Hence these are the Nursing Admission Criteria you need to follow if you want to pursue Nursing as a career in 2021. Always be particular about the entrance exam dates as they are the first step towards your stepping journey of nursing.