How to get admission in a nursing college – If you are a nursing aspirant and want to lead a successful nursing career then taking admission in distinctive nursing programs is necessary. After 12th students need to clear the entrance exams like JIPMER, AJEE, AUAT, AIIMS Nursing, PGIMER Nursing, and many other state-level entrance exams to get admission in B.sc nursing or other nursing programs with different criteria. Let us swipe down to attain more details about how to get admission to a nursing college.
Initiating for BSC nursing is probably the first step to go towards building a strong nursing career ahead, below we have mentioned all the criteria and syllabus of Bsc nursing that will help you out to gain more knowledge about it.
Eligibility for Taking BSc Nursing Admission
One must fulfill the following eligibility criteria, to get admission to any nursing college:
- On the 31st of December of the year of taking BSc nursing admission, the candidate must be at least 17 years of age.
- With an aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized board, the candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
The aspirant must be medically fit.
BSc Nursing Admission Procedure
By qualifying for the related entrance exams or through management quota, you can join any nursing college in India. You must fill the BSc nursing application form online or offline, in order to get admission.
You can either go to the official website for the application or contact our career guidance expert through phone or WhatsApp by clicking the below click to call button.
Subjects to Study in BSc Nursing Course
BSc Nursing is a 4-year undergraduate course. Given below, are the subjects you have to learn during each year:
First Year BSc Nursing Subjects:
- Anatomy: In this, you will learn about the structure of the human body and internal workings.
- Physiology: This subject will teach you about the parts of the human body and their functions.
- Nutrition: In this, you will get to attain knowledge about the food, and the science of nutrients and related substances which will directly or indirectly relate to the growth, health, and helps to maintain the working of the human body.
- Biochemistry: This is all about learning the glycolysis, gluconeogenesis, citric acid cycles, etc along with the chemical process which is taking inside the human body.
- Microbiology: In this subject you will get the details about the microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc, and its evolution, reactions, etc.
Introduction to computers.
Second Year BSc Nursing Subjects:
- Pharmacology: In this, you will learn about medicines, their uses, mode of actions, effects, contraindications, etc.
- Pathology: The subject will teach you about the root cause or reason of the disease, and its findings.
- Genetics: Provides the knowledge of genes, hereditary. genetic variations etc.
- Medical-surgical nursing.
- Communication and educational technology.
- Community health nursing.
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Subjects:
- Medical and surgical nursing.
- Mental Health Nursing.
- Child health nursing.
- Midwifery nursing.
- Obstetrical Nursing.
Fourth Year B.Sc Nursing Subjects:
- Administration and management of nursing services.
- Community health nursing.
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing – Part 2.
- Research and statistics.
These are the subjects that you will get to learn in a B.sc nursing course along with all the practical skills, that will make you a strong candidate for the nursing profession and often make you pursue the master’s degree in it as well with great job opportunities ahead.
Mentioned above is the detailed information about how to get admission in a nursing college, along with its admission criteria, subject knowledge, or syllabus, eligibility criteria, and the entire process that will help you out to get admission in nursing colleges.