Benefits of Bsc. post nursing – BSc Nursing (Post Basic) is a two-year duration undergraduate course in nursing. The nursing profession does hold great responsibilities and dedication, and nurses are entitled to take care of patients by monitoring their medical condition, provide hands-on care and maintain administering medications, maintaining records, and communicating with doctors. And if we focus on the benefits of B.sc. post nursing then swipe down to check out.
Candidates are provided a holistic mixture of classroom lectures and hands-on training, in post-basic BSc Nursing (also referred to as PBBSc). Admission to the course is usually done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the written entrance exam conducted at the university/ institute level. On the basis of merit, some institutions also provide direct admission to candidates. Here below are the benefits of B.sc. post nursing.
BSc Nursing (Post Basic): Eligibility Criteria
In order to fulfill the eligibility criteria for BSc Nursing (Post Basic) candidates should meet the parameters mentioned below:
- Candidates should clear Class 12th from a recognized board preferably in Science stream
- Aspirants should be registered as Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM)
- They should also possess a three-year diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience in the profession (after registration as RNRM)
- Male candidates who have not done midwifery in GNM should possess a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery
Note: The eligibility criteria mentioned above are basic and might vary from institute to institute.
Benefits of Bsc. post nursing
Nurses play a significant role in the field of healthcare. Of course, there are innumerable benefits to go for post nursing, one can ake job in government and private hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, rehabilitation centers, community health centers, NGOs, etc. However, to avail of better career opportunities, candidates are advised to obtain a master’s degree in MSc Nursing after completing the course. Check out below the benefits of B.sc post nursing, how any job specifications it offers.
Some of the popular job profiles that BSc Nursing (Post Basic) students can take up include:
- Chief Nursing Officer – to maintain clinical and patient-care standards, is one of the utmost responsibilities of a chief nursing officer (CNO). CNO is responsible for ensuring patients are safe in the hospital and are receiving appropriate medical care.
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist – Patients suffering from some emotional or mental disorders are treated by a psychosocial rehabilitation specialist treats.
- Critical Care Nurse – A critical care nurse is entitled to take care of seriously ill or injured patients. Nurses do take note of patients’ medical condition, performs diagnostic tests, and assists doctors with the required medical procedures.
- Nurse Instructor – A nurse instructor is responsible for the planning, development, and instruction of nursing courses for a medical program.
- Paramedic Nurse – Responsibilities of a paramedic nurse include driving and staffing ambulances, responding to emergency 999 calls, helping patients in getting emergency treatment, etc.
- Nurse Manager – One who evaluates the performance of staff nurses, is called a nurse manager. These mentors provide them mentoring, contribute to their professional development, interview, and hires nurses, etc.
- Community Health Specialist – A community health specialist or a health educator helps develop as well as implement programs that inform the public about various health-related issues.
- Nursing Assistant- A nursing assistant is a trained professional who provides basic care to patients and helps them in daily activities such as bathing.
Mentioned above are the benefits of BSC. post nursing, there are a number of specializations one can go for to establish a career in the nursing field. Nursing is a noble profession, that provides a number of benefits and facilities to the nurses which help to lead a successful career. You can check above the entire details along with job posts, and eligibility criteria.