The college of Nursing believes that the Degree/Diploma/Certificate Course in nursing will prepare nurses for first level position in Nursing in both Hospital and Community. Practice of Nursing requires a good understanding of basic scientific principles and it is influenced by advances in Sciences and Technology. Students are helped to develop a sense of pride in their profession to have a desire to continue to learn and to teach throughout their life. The faculty of the Institute of Nursing accepts the responsibility of helping the students to be competent practitioners.
- The aim is to prepare nurses to practice at first level position in the hospital and community to provide primary, secondary and tertiary health care.
- To impart upto date knowledge to students and equip them with skills required for quality nursing care based on scientific principles.
- To develop an understanding of behavioral Sciences applied in meeting the Nursing needs of patient.
- To develop an ability to plan and implement nursing care, for promotion of health, prevention of disease, rehabilitation and in meeting emergency situations.
- To develop an ability to communicate effectively.
- To prepare students as an important member of a health team.